Monday, January 14, 2008

Adorable Among Other Things

Adorable: Lovable, especially in a childlike way.

The definition of adorable according to the random website I visited with definitions, cause I don't seem to own a real dictionary, can be seen above. You're probably thinking, ok thanks for the update, what is this all about? etc...Well I'll tell you, since this is a blog and I can tell you whatever I please!

Ok, from the beginning :). I am totally and completely into games. Board games, online games, video games...you name it, I like them! I happen to play an online game currently. I will happily admit I am a big mmorpg dork. I play a game called World of Warcraft, and I happen to enjoy it immensely! Anyhow, in this game you can talk to other people from various parts of the world on your quest to save whomever you are saving at that moment. Some of these people I encounter I get to know better than others, some I know irl (wow talk for in real life for those of you not in the know). You are probably wondering how any of this relates to the definition of adorable, well hang on to your socks I'm about to tell ya!

I had 3 separate people, only one of whom I know irl tell me in like a few hours of playing that I was adorable. The first time I was flattered, if not a little taken aback, the second I was flattered again and didn't really dwell on it, but the third time, although I was flattered I started contemplating this. Initially I thought of it as a compliment, then I thought about how everyone called Jessica Simpson adorable after her chicken of the sea comment and started thinking, ok maybe I am just coming off as ditsy. Then I started thinking ditsy isn't all that bad, I can live with that. THEN (yes I do lotsa thinking, thanks for noticing) I decided maybe all of this wasn't a compliment and it needed to be further investigated. So I looked up the word.

I must say peoples perceptions of me fascinate me. This intrigues me partly because someone's perception and beliefs define who the are, and partly because I just like to know how other people percieve me. The thing that sparked my interest about adorable, is because several different people most of whom I have never met, complimented me using the exact same word. I suppose it's exciting that my personality comes accross as such to different people, I wouldn't want the world's perception of me to be a negative one... So I decided to embrace the adorableness, and absorb the compliment. I don't mind being adorable or all those words synonomous with it :).

Adorable: syn. sweet, gorgeous, delightful, lovable, delectable, endearing, cute, charming.

No comments: